Fresh juice is more than an excellent source of vitamins, minerals, enzymes, purified water, proteins, carbohydrates and chlorophyll. Because it is in liquid form, fresh juice supplies nutrition that is not wasted to fuel its own digestion as it is with whole fruits, vegetables, and grasses. As a result, the body can quickly and easily make maximum use of all the nutrition that fresh juice offers.
Because of their nutritional excellence, juices may prevent diet-related illnesses. A growing body of research reveals that juice may even cure a variety of illnesses and conditions, as well.
- cabbage juice contains Vitamin U which has been shown to heal peptic ulcers
- fresh apple and prune juices are excellent laxatives
- green juices contain enzymes that foster weight loss by stimulating the metabolic system
- watermelon and cucumber juices have a safe natural diuretic action
- National Academy of Science conclude that pro-vitamin A content of orange, yellow, and green vegetable juices may help prevent some forms of cancer
- natural iron-rich foods such as leafy green vegetables, black raspberries, and Bing cherries, the body is able to absorb the organic iron it needs and excrete the excess.